the diversity of our Nature Adventure World in the beautiful Carinthian Gailtal Valley
Our Kinderhotel Ramsi is located in the middle of a beautiful natural setting, surrounded by picturesque forests, meadows and fields, rivers, gorges, mountains and lakes. It is a wonderful place for a family holiday. At home in the world of nature experience. We have prepared many great offers and activities for you, which are only available with us at the Kinderhotel Ramsi.
Our most popular leisure activities for the whole family
With us, you can do the Animal Driving License, mine gold, roast stick bread by the campfire, craft boats out of tree bark, become a show star and much, much more. We will take you on guided hiking or snowshoeing tours and show you the dreamlike landscapes of Carinthia, Slovenia and Italy, because the borders with our neighbours are only a stone’s throw away.
During nature expeditions you will get to know our sunny plateau and its inhabitants. On our slope you learn to ski. Our summer studio in the Old Sawmill is a completely new attraction where you can work creatively. And, and, and … there is something for everyone.
Winter activity program at the Kinderhotel Ramsi
In the cold season, our Kinderhotel Ramsi becomes a winter wonderland, we have prepared a lot of activities for you, which you can do with us every week during wintertime. Below is a short excerpt from our Ramsi activity programme:
Ski-doo, an adventurous ride in the snow with a snowmobile
Family tobogganing on the toboggan run right in front of the hotel
Torchlight tour in the Ramsi Nature Adventure World followed by campfire
Winter hike through the Ramsi forest followed by stick bread grilling
Play billiards 24/7
Creative programmes with natural materials; make felt and mosaic pictures, bathing confectionery, rose cream, gift wrapping paper and others
Make your own natural cosmetics; toothpaste, body lotion, deodorants, body creams etc.
And much more
Ski lessons for youngest skiers from 2.5 to 5 years of age (‘Pistenflöhe‘) directly at the hotel
Ski lessons for children from 2.5 to 5 years of age in two groups. 1 or 2 hours daily from Monday to Friday. Directly on the hotel’s own ski practice area.
Our Ramsi ski school for the smallest skiers is a skiing hit in Carinthia. Here your little ones can make their very first turns directly at the Kinderhotel Ramsi. There are several wide slopes with funny figures, plenty of space to practice on 4,000 m2, two magic carpets (10 and 30 meters long) and of course our experienced and certified snow sports instructors. The group division is age-appropriate (Pistenflöhe I and II) and you can rent the children’s ski equipment directly from us at the hotel.
Your little ones learn to ski with lots of fun, joy and creativity. Laughter, dancing, singing, playing and follow-up stories help the kids develop self-motivation and build trust with the teachers and their own abilities. At the end of the week, they will be beaming at the parents from the victory podium, knowing that there are only winners in this course.
Even more ski action
The successful graduates of our ‘Pistenflöhe’ ski courses can then either go on a discovery tour with their parents in the Nassfeld ski area directly opposite the hotel or improve, deepen and expand their skills at our cooperation ski school Thommi. A shuttle will take the children from the hotel to the valley station of the Millennium-Express, where the ski instructors are already waiting. After the successful perfection of their skiing skills, we will take them back to the Kinderhotel Ramsi for food and the many activities available here. By the way: diapers are not a handicap when skiing!
Details of our ‘Pistenflöhe’ ski courses
- The ski lessons (2.5 to 3,99 years of age) take place directly in front of the Kinderhotel Ramsi.
- The little skiers are divided into two groups. The Pistenflöhe I group has 1 hour of ski tuition per day, whereas the Pistenflöhe II group enjoys 2 hours of ski tuition per day.
- The ski course runs from Monday or Tuesday to Friday.
- Course times: 8:30am – 9:30am for Pistenflöhe I and 10:30am – 11:30am for Pistenflöhe II.
- You will receive an e-mail for the ski course registration about 5 days before your arrival.
- On Sundays, there is an information session from 5:00pm, to go through the agenda.
- Ski equipment can be hired at the Kinderhotel Ramsi.
- Helmets are provided free of charge by Kinderhotel Ramsi.
- The final race followed by the award ceremony will take place on Fridays.
- The payment of the ski course and the ski rental is done via the hotel bill at the end of the holiday.
Ski course prices for Ramsi-Pistenflöhe I: beginners 2.5 to 3,99 years of age
|Taster day*||€ 25.00||1 h|
|3 days||€ 75.00||1 h/day|
|5 days||€ 125.00||1 h/day|
* Taster day only possible on Mondays or Tuesdays!
Ski equipment hire for the smallest skiers
Directly in the Kinderhotel Ramsi
€ 4.00 per day for ski boots | € 6.00 per day for skis | ski helmet is free
Ramsi tip NTC Sport Sölle: If a parent hires skis or ski boots at the ski rental ‘NTC Sport Sölle’ in the Millennium-Express valley station, the rental fee for the skis/shoes for a child (under 10 years) for the same booking period is waived!
Ski lessons for skiers from 4 years of age (‘Pistenflitzer‘) in the Nassfeld ski region
Ski lessons for children from 4 years of age, beginners and advanced on the ski practice area of the Thommi ski school on the Nassfeld. Three hours a day from Sunday to Thursday.
Young skiers from the age of 4 can look forward to lots of skiing fun on the Nassfeld with our partner, the ski school Thommi. The return journey to/from the ski area as well as supervision of the children is included. From Sunday to Thursday, the experienced and certified snow sports instructors will pick up your children directly at the Kinderhotel Ramsi.
Then there are three hours of ski lessons in the secured ski practice area directly at the valley station of the Millennium Express, with lots of fun included in the program. The advanced skiers among the children may also join a discovery tour to the many slopes in the ski area.
At the end, Thommi Ski School will facilitate an exciting ski school race, in which every single skier can demonstrate his or her learned skills. After the ski lesson the whole family can end the ski day together in the ski area. On request, we will drive the little ones back ‘home’ to the Kinderhotel Ramsi from about 1:15pm, where lunch will be waiting. Afterwards, the little ones will be well looked after in the Ramsi Kid’s Club.
Details of our ‘Pistenflinter’ ski courses
- Ski lessons for children from 4 years of age in the Nassfeld ski area in cooperation with the Thommi Ski School
- The participants are divided into two groups; beginner and advanced skiers.
- You will receive an e-mail for the ski course registration about 5 days before your arrival.
- The ski course runs from Sunday to Thursday.
- The allocation to a group takes place on Sunday after arrival at the Millennium-Express valley station in Tröpolach (minimum number of participants: 3 children per group).
- The issuing of the course card, the ski course payment (cash, credit or debit card) as well as further information will be provided directly at the Kinderhotel Ramsi on the day of arrival untill 6:30pm in the office of the Thommi Ski School at the Millennium-Express valley station.
- In case of late arrival, the course card issue and ski course payment will be made on the first day of the holiday before 9:30am in the office of the Thommi Ski School at the Millennium-Express valley station.
- The rental of ski equipment (skis, ski shoes, poles, helmet) is possible on the day of arrival at the Millennium-Express valley station.
- You can get your ski passes at the reception of the Kinderhotel Ramsi.
- From Sunday to Thursday, the children will be taken from the Thommi Ski School to the collection point at the Millennium-Express valley station. The return journey will take place at about 1:15pm. Lunch and subsequent care at the Ramsi Kid’s Club are provided by Kinderhotel Ramsi. Alternatively, you can pick up your children upon arrangement with the ski instructor in the ski area.
- The final race followed by the award ceremony will take place on Thursday.
Ski course prices for Ramsi-Pisteflitzer: beginner and advanced skiers
Ski School Thommi (at the Millennium-Express valley station) – prices without ski pass
|3 days||€ 210.00**||3 h/day (Sun-Tue)|
|5 days||€ 260.00**||3 h/day (Sun-Thu)|
** includes transfers from the Kinderhotel Ramsi to the ski resort Nassfeld and back
Ski equipment rental for young skiers
Please obtain your equipment on the day of arrival at the ski rental ‘NTC Sport Sölle’ at the Millennium-Express valley station.
Ramsi tip NTC Sport Sölle: If a parent rents skis or ski boots at the ski rental ’TC Sport Sölle’ in the Millennium-Express valley station, the rental fee for the skis/shoes for a child (under 10 years) for the same booking period is waived!
Ski lessons for adults in the Nassfeld ski region
Whether beginner or advanced, adults too, have the opportunity to learn to ski under professional guidance or to improve their existing skills during their skiing holiday with us at the Kinderhotel Ramsi. Experienced, tried and tested snow sports instructors will accompany you and will adjust to your individual needs. On the perfectly groomed 110 km of slopes in Carinthia’s largest ski area, the Nassfeld, they will teach you to ski, show you the most beautiful panoramic views and give you lots of insider tips.
Details of our ski lessons for adults
- Monday and Tuesday from 1:15pm to 3:45pm on request with the Thommi Ski School
- Duration of the ski lessons: 2.5 to 3 hours
- Number of participants: 1 to 4 people per group
- Important: The driving skills of the students should be the same!
- Registration by phone until the previous day by 5:00pm
- Every participant needs a valid lift ticket!
- A helmet is also recommended for adults (helmet is mandatory up to the age of 15)!
- Free ‘bring and pick-up service’. You will be taken by the Ramsi bus to the collection point of the Thommi Ski School at the Millennium Express valley station and picked up from there!
Prices per day, staggered depending on the number of participants
1 person: € 125.00 per person
2 people: € 63.00 per person
3 people: € 42.00 per person
4 people: € 32.00 per person
Pleasure skiing with Walter in the top ski area of Nassfeld
Once a week our hotel manager and Ramsi dad Walter will take you on an entertaining, two-hour ski tour on the Nassfeld. He will show you the ski area and his favourite places, give you great insider tips and teach you exciting skiing skills. A cheerful stopover in one of the rustic Nassfeld ski lodges is of course part of it, too. Allow Walter Ramsbacher to surprise you, it will certainly be a lot of fun.
Guided snowshoe hikes with Walter
Your host and Ramsi dad Walter Ramsbacher will take you on a picturesque winter tour. From the Nassfeldpass (state border) it goes into the Larch forest and into a wonderful winter landscape, the snow crunches under the snowshoes and everything seems to be wrapped in cotton wool.
Slowly and steadily we wander on, as Walter tells you about the country and about the people. As a small reward we stop at the ‘Livio’ and enjoy a well-deserved prosecco or an espresso.
Tobogganing fun and sledding directly at the Kinderhotel Ramsi
Hollarodelduliö: Right in front of our Kinderhotel Ramis you can slide and sled through a wonderful winter world, in fact our illuminated toboggan run leads right past the hotel. In the fresh winter air, you can slide and drive toboggans, sledges, Zipfelbobs and all sorts of other fun equipment. A little sled race will always create a joyful mood and if you don’t have your own sled or bob, you can borrow one from us.
Toddler hits (6-35 months)
We are very happy if you take your little darlings along on your holiday with us. For your minis we have prepared a fun program and many nice games:
- In the garden, we will knead and splash around in the mud.
- We will design colourful paper plates.
- Plug play can be fascinating.
- Finger games are fun.
- Together we will look at picture books.
- We will play in the ball pool.
- We will build a railway.
- We will experiment with sounds and colours.
- We will experience pure nature.
- We will make things, paint and glue.
Additionally, in winter; snow games, build a snowman, sledging and much more.
Children’s hits (3-8 years of age)
Check out this ‘Impy’ holiday program! From donkey riding and fun games to children’s disco, everything is there that is fun and encourages a good mood:
- Visit and caress the animals at the Ramsi farm
- Donkey and pony riding
- Let’s rehearse great shows
- Model balloons
- Paint faces
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Play funny ball games
- Participate in competitions
- Shake-shake at the children’s disco
- Dance with the Ramsi Imp
- Become creative and do craftwork (natural collages, Swarovski and wooden beading, frame pictures, plaster masks, lanterns, cuddly toys …)
- Attend live themed days (Dinosaurs, Red Indians, Wild West, Fairy Tales …)
- Movement games and competitions (football tournaments, off-road games …)
- At the children’s dining table, there are some really good delicacies (pizza party, Kaiserschmarren feast, Nudelkuddelmuddel, barbecue party, schnitzel party, chocolate ice cream licking…)
- Additionally, in summer; dam construction, barbecue party, roast bread and bathing on the banks of the Gail river, making natural soap and toothpaste, potting
- Additionally, in winter; snowman building, snow labyrinth, sledging and bobsleighing, snowball fight, snow cave digging …And much, much more
Hocus-pocus magic school for children from 6 years of age
Look forward to a magical holiday experience and a great magic show. Several times a week you have the opportunity to do magic with us. With the help of our magicians, you will soon be shaking magic tricks out of your sleeve.
The taster lesson for your first magic attempts with us at the Kinderhotel Ramsi is free of charge. For the next lessons, however, you will need a magic suitcase with magic utensils (which you can of course take home), which costs € 40.00.
Teen hits (from 9 years of age)
This sports and leisure program is a hit! Directly in the Kinderhotel Ramsi you can experience a lot of adventures; parties, sporting challenges and many great shows are available. Check out what is included in your holiday price:
- Parties, dance sessions and show performances in our showroom
- Chilling, relaxing and watching casual movies in our 3D cinema
- Stable care and care of our farm animals; obtain the Animal Driving Licence for advanced carers
- Game hits like Kampfuno, Live Table Kicker
- Football, ground trampoline, lawnmower rally
- Guided cycling and mountain bike tours
- Aqua fitness, strength training and endurance training
- Billiards, table tennis and table football
- Research for nature explorers
- The Ramsi Ranger Survival Training
- Ball games of all kinds with tournaments in our sports hall
- Sports tournaments such as football, beach volleyball, table tennis
- First aid tips
- Creative studio with painting, handicrafts and natural crafts
- Campfire with sausage and bread grilling
- Beauty time with make-up and beauty tips
- Pool parties with water polo fun
- Youth meeting with a mocktail mixer
- And much more
Special Outdoor Adventures (with additional costs)
In our region between Nassfeld, the Pressegger lake and the Weissensee lake you have many opportunities to enjoy fun and action in nature. In cooperation with quality providers from the region, we offer you a whole range of outdoor adventures, for an additional cost. Detailed information can be obtained from us at the reception, where you can book the adventures straight away.
In our region there are many things to experience, such as:
- Canoe rafting on the Gail river
- Stand-up paddle boarding (SUP) on Pressegger lake
- Go-karting in Fresach
- Summer toboggan run on the Nassfeld
- Archery on the Nassfeld
- Climbing with Go-Vertical
- Tyre trekking with Fit & Fun or Sport Sölle on the Gail river
- Canyoning with Go-Vertical
- A bike tour to Pressegger lake with an adventure park visit
- Cliff jumping at the Weissensee lake
And much more
A torchlight tour through our Nature Adventure World
When it gets dark, everything starts to move in the Kinderhotel Ramsi, then we get ready for a sociable and cheerful torchlight walk around our hotel. The fire of the torches warms our fingers and illuminates our way. The contemplative hike ends in our garden, where a large campfire and delicious stick bread are waiting for us.
Adventures for parents at the Kinderhotel Ramsi
Enjoy your holiday with us at the Kinderhotel Ramsi to the fullest! While the little ones are well looked after, you can also use the holiday time for yourself relaxing alone or relaxing in the company of others. It is the best time to …
- read a good book
- visit the Alpine Spa and go to the sauna
- relax in the Ramsi oasis of well-being
- play table tennis or billiards
- participate in the wine tasting with head waiter Franz
- do a shopping trip to Hermagor, Villach or Tarvis (Italy)
- exercise outdoors or in the gym
- clear your head on our farm while doing stable work and animal care, or
- do something completely different.
In summer, you can also
- do mountain biking, hiking and climbing in our beautiful region
- sip a cocktail in the deckchair at the Ramsi beach
- explore grandma Ramsi’s herb garden
- do a Kneipp tour in our fairy-tale forest
- do a morning dew hike
- discuss your last outdoor experiences at the Wandererstammtisch
- participate in our sports programmes such as aqua gymnastics or Nordic walking
- enjoy golfing on the nearby Gailtal golf course
- go for an extensive summit hike in the Carnic or Gailtal Alps
- do canyoning, spectacular water jumps, and
- much more.
In winter, you can also
- ski in the top ski area of the Nassfeld
- go on ski tours
- explore the surrounding area walking on snowshoes
- try the toboggan runs
- enjoy the mountain panorama from the deckchair
- go ice-skating on Pressegger lake or Weissensee lake
- do cross-country skiing in the new cross-country skiing centre Tröpolach, and
- much more.
Power through and recharge - for those who love sports
Sport makes you happy and keeps you healthy!
So, if you really want to power through on your holiday, our endurance and strength programmes with Christiane are just right for you. Together you will show what you are capable of, while Christiane will of course look out for each and every one of you.
A sporty workout for those who don’t want to just relax on a holiday, at the Kinderhotel Ramsi.
Bike-Services directly in the Kinderhotel Ramsi
Directly at our Kinderhotel you will find a bike service station with air pump, pressure washer and tool kit for small repairs that you can do on your own. We have also prepared a separate lockable area for your bikes – with a charging station for your e-bike batteries.
Summer activity program at Kinderhotel Ramsi
In summer it is not only beautiful and pleasantly warm at Kinderhotel Ramsi. Of course, you can also experience a lot here. Here we have compiled a short excerpt from our popular Ramsi activity program. We offer the following activities practically every week or even several times a week during the warm season:
Ramsi tractor ride on the well-secured trailer
Creative programs with natural materials: make your own felt and mosaic pictures, bath confectionery, rose cream, wrapping paper and much more
Family rafting on the river Gail: With life jackets, wetsuits, helmets and shoes, we paddle down the river and have lots of fun with fun water battles.
Family soccer tournaments where parents and children kick together and cheer each other on
Family beach volleyball to hit and dig for big and small
Family Olympics with great challenges for the whole family
Torch and lantern walk in the Ramsi nature experience world followed by a campfire
Sunrise hike with mountain breakfast
And much more…
Nature expedition Ramsi: little naturalists on a voyage of discovery
Join us on an expedition and discover the wonders of nature around our Kinderhotel Ramsi. During our nature expeditions we march in small groups of max. 16 small and big guests and take a close look at what is growing and thriving in the surroundings. Unforgettable experiences, a lot of interesting facts and a lot of fun are waiting for you.
We saddle our donkeys, our pony and our Icelandic horse and set off with the guide. We hike, ride and feast together. An extraordinary animal experience.
Duration approx. 2 h
Old myths and legends entwine around the “herb witches”. We bring out old knowledge from the natural pharmacy and learn how to mix medicinal, aromatic and spicy herbs ourselves.
Duration approx. 2 h
Learn from your guide how to make fire without matches. Gather herbs and bake your own flatbread in the natural oven. It will be a fun, varied and delicious morning.
Duration approx. 2 h
Meadow and hedge detectives
Look what’s going on in the meadow and in the hedge! With a magnifying glass and microscope we will discover a fascinating microcosm and build an insect hotel afterwards.
Duration approx. 2 h
The secret of the stones
Enter the world of fossils and stones! Together we will find prehistoric traces in the rocks, hear astonishing facts about mysterious menhirs and do a special kind of genealogical research.
Duration approx. 2.5 h
Secret of the forest
If you stand on a patch of forest, this cubic meter of earth beneath you harbors more living creatures than there are people on earth. Join us to uncover the secrets of this habitat.
Duration approx. 2 h.
Summer studio "Old saw" for creative artists
It’s amazing what great works of art are created in our summer studio. We have rebuilt our old saw for you and turned it into a meeting place for little artists.
Handicraft lessons and painting sessions now take place here. Fruits are cut up and boiled down here. This is where we glue, knot and shape. Will we find a new Picasso, Rembrandt or Van Gogh?
Creative programs with natural materials:
Felt and mosaic pictures, bath confectionery, rose cream, make your own wrapping paper and much more.
Make your own natural cosmetics: Toothpaste, body lotion, deodorants, body creams and more.
Golf enjoyment on the Nassfeld
Free trial golfing, course maturity courses and lots of playing pleasure: Only 10 minutes drive from our hotel is already a beautifully maintained 70 hectare golf course. Our Kinderhotel Ramis is one of the founding hotels of the 18-hole course “Nassfeldgolf”. This means for you that we can make the following especially attractive offers:
- € 20,– daily green fee on the entire course
- Free trial golfing for one hour
- Course maturity courses for golf beginners (PE)
- First Date – Golf taster course
Picnic à la Ramsi: a basket full of goodies
Grab your Ramsi picnic basket and just wander. Find your favorite spot in nature, spread out a blanket and enjoy your vacation. Completely relaxed. Among yourselves. Just the way you like it.
Of course, we will fill your Ramsi picnic basket with fine local specialties and delicacies beforehand. Just let us know whether you prefer a romantic picnic for two or a family picnic.
The Ramsi family and getting to know each other hike
Hiking and being out in nature is where people come together. That’s why we invite you to join our Ramsi family and get-to-know-you hike. We start directly at the hotel and lead you to beautiful places in the surrounding area. You will quickly notice that it is very easy to make new friends on this small circular route.
Together we will experience the beauty of nature, make nature collages with colorful blooming meadow flowers and marvel at the diversity of our animal world with a magnifying glass (the extremely rare green earthworm and the fire salamander are native to our area). There is also much to discover at our stream and a dam is quickly built. Then we will find out who is the winner in the rope pulling and the “Tschurtschelweitwurf”. You will definitely enjoy it.
Duration approx. 3 hours
Guided enjoyment hike with Walter to the Laghi di Fusine
Discover with your host Walter Ramsbacher two beautiful mountain lakes in Italy, the Laghi di Fusine. These quiet jewels of nature are a pleasure at any time of the year.
However, the experience of nature is particularly intense in summer, when you can simply take off your hiking boots and take a refreshing footbath in the crystal-clear lakes. And so that the culinary pleasure is not neglected, there is a hearty snack after the hike.